Monday, May 23, 2011

He has us in His hands

....when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.
For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance
has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is
fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
James 1:2-4

Our pastor said a few weeks ago how when you are going through struggles you can either choose to have joy through the struggles or you can curse them. He went on to say either way the struggle is still there so why not choose to have joy over the struggle. It doesn't make it easy or necessarily go away but atleast you know you are choosing to find the joy around you and celebrate that. That we can trust in God to take care of us no matter what the situation is. It's not a guarenteed card that says, "because you believe, life will be easy" Nope. We didn't get that card for sure. But I did get the card that says, "there is joy all around, find it through the good and bad."

Today has been a true test of that.
Over the last few weeks little things have happen to try to damper my spirit like I spoke of on my post Sunday. The schedule we are maintaining is tough but it's been other things like the air conditioning going out, husbands car breaking down and needing a new engine. Those things tend to beat you down but we did good in finding our joy through it.

Then came today. Husbands car breaks down. again. And with what happen it might be that the engine was damaged in the process. REALLY??? I mean COME ON!!!!!!!! That is what I have been thinking because at this point we NEED his car and we don't have the option to go out and buy a new one or at this point spend the money AGAIN to fix it. So, needless to say, we were feeling beat down. But I just kept running through my head what our pastor spoke on and that he did an entire sermon Sunday morning over having faith and not being discouraged and once again, finding the joy. I came home and found that scripture and just read it. Then held on to my Bible, which might sound silly, but, I just clung to it. Needing to just hold on to Him in the best way I could in that moment. Because I WILL find my joy in this struggle. I will be a encouragment to my husband who is feeling defeated. I will be his shoulder in this moment because he is feeling beat down. And I can do this today for him because I know that I have my strength and joy in the Lord. And when hubby wakes up in the morning, I am sure he will find his again too but sometimes we all feel beat down and need to borrow strength from others to remember that God has us all in His hands.

No comments: