Sunday, February 19, 2012

SOCS


#SOCsunday


Today’s (Optional) Writing Prompt: What’s your take on fate? Does everything happen for a reason? Are we in control of our own destiny?


Fate. God's design for our life. One and the same? I have a firm belief in God, in His design for my life, for His will for my life. I believe He knows every aspect of my life and what will happen, the decisions I will make. Does that mean the same as fate? I don't know...fate means it's going to happen no matter what right? My firm belief is God gives me this life, I can make my own decisions, I can follow my own path. He gives me so many tools to live the best life I can possibly live by following His word. I believe the choices we make lead to the different paths we can take. Do we go this way or that, what is down this road as opposed to that road? I can look back in my life and see how the choices I have made have caused the path of my life to go differently, as opposed if I had made a choice to go another way. I believe the fate part are the things that can happen that we have no control over, the fact that a car came my direction in the road and hit me. The fact that my best friends baby boy passed away from cancer. I don't think we have a choice in those situations. I believe that things happen in our life that we can't control, but it's our choice from there to decide how we are going to live our life from those points. While I feel I have my own free will to make my own decisions, I definitely believe that God is in control of it all. 

1 comment:

Monika said...

Love your take on this prompt - very similar to my own. Faith does play a huge role in how we react to the things that come our way in life. Stopping over from #SOCSunday