Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Life Unexpected


Life has a way of changing in the most unexpected ways. If you had told me a year ago that we would not only be fully and completely committed in a church and in our faith in God, but to also be youth leaders in our church, I would have seriously laughed at you. Then I would have said, "have you met my husband?"  A year ago January 1, 2011, a day that changed everything. And I literally mean everything. I woke up and told my husband, "I will go with or without you and I am okay with that." For whatever reason, he decided to go with me that day, and I am praising God to this day for the change that occurred after in both our lives.We have now become involved in our youth group and with one other couple, we help lead the junior high group of youth. I can not even begin to tell you the joy we have received from being around this group of kids. They are amazing, fun, and well amazing. To be able to be there for them and make connections with them is such a blessing. 

This past Sunday we invited them all over for the Super Bowl which ended up being a Wii Party. We had the best time playing Just Dance, Guitar Hero, and many other things. We had a good game of football outside, a fearless game of trust (the mother in me was overwhelmed by this game! lol), and just had an all over great night. It was so exciting to have them all over and watching them interact. I have some great pictures from that night, but will only display the one I feel I can. I don't feel that it's my place to show their sweet faces on my blog, but wanted you to get a glimpse into our fun. 


While at times I don't feel that I am knowledgeable enough in the word of God (I am new to reading His word), I look back to this scripture and know that I am in the right spot and He will lead me along. 

I am competent not in my own abilities but because He has made me competent by His Spirit.
 (2 Corinthians 3:5-6)

No comments: