Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What a Year!

It has been nearly a year since I have posted anything on here. I sure do miss blogging and having that time where I freely write for myself and not for any other reason! I think I got to the point where I was writing to others and not for myself. I started putting pressure on myself to make sure it was perfect for others to read and that was never my intent. Of course, blogging is for others to read, but it was never my goal to be a top blogger, or perfect in any way. I am far from perfect, so I am back to doing what I enjoy for me! My sweet escape.

I started thinking about this past year and all the changes that have occurred. I had some major changes in my life this year and I am very grateful to say that they were all good changes. We, of course, had our ups and downs, but I am on a path of trying to find the good in all things.

In this past year:

I went from having braces for 5 1/2 years, to getting them off! FINALLY!

I took teens to church camp and created the best bumble bee golf cart on earth with some awesome ladies. 


I watched my daughter fall in love with gymnastics and work hard each week to get better. 



After 12 LONG YEARS, I GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE!!! 
I, also, landed the exact teaching position that I wanted. 


And then I went wild and drastically changed my hair color. It shocked everyone around. 
I love it! 


I, also, went a little bit more wild and got matching tattoos with my husband. 
His wedding band and my on my foot. 
Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. 
1 Peter 4:8


Celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Celebrating living life together for 12 years. 

Watched my son compete and win 1st place in a flag football league at The Cowboys Stadium. Yeah, yeah, AT&T Stadium, who truly cares, it will always be The Cowboys Stadium in my book. 


Sent my daughter to her last Jr. High dance. Cried knowing she will be in High School in just a few short months. I just love her style! She wore bright blue converse with her dress! 

Fell in love with Kayaking! I mean we REALLY, REALLY LOVED IT! 


Joyfully watched my father-in-law make a massive recovery from a tree falling on him and nearly killing him. A year later, he was out in the field playing baseball with his children and grand-children. It literally brings tears to my eyes to think about it! 


Go a little bit more wild and get a best friend tattoo with my bestie of 12 years. 




Watch this boy become an awesome catcher, it only took two seasons and we have select baseball coaches asking for him to be on their teams. It's exciting! 


And most importantly...


Enjoying everyday with them. They make my heart smile. 














No comments: