Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days-Day 4: Dinner Time


It's on nights like tonight that my next topic is so vital to my life. Crock-pots are a MUST in our life. I spent my days in class all day, got out and went to a meeting, then rushed home for dinner with the family. If it wasn't for the awesome creation of Crock-pot meals, I would have broken down and ended up getting fast food, which is not beneficial to our bodies or budget! I plan out our meals for a week, give or take a night that just doesn't work out right, we have gotten really consistent about not eating out as much and enjoying our time together at home. I am not say that eating out is a problem by any means, I just didn't like the amount of money we were spending on junk. I love being home around my own table with my family, I learn so much about them when we are home eating dinner together. One of the recipes that I have used pretty consistently is Rotel Chicken Tacos. It is really easy and really good! Plus minimal clean up is the best part, especially if you use the crock-pot liners. 

Rotel Chicken Tacos: 

2 cans of Rotel
1 package of Taco Seasoning
4-7 Chicken Breast
Put all ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours 
or high for 4 hours. 
Serve with tortillas and any thing your family likes to eat with tacos.



Find the best method you can to save time on dinner in order to spend the time you save doing the things you love. Dinner doesn't have to be a chore! Also....have everyone chip in on clean up and it can all be done that much faster. Team effort goes a long way!

No comments: