Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ooey and Gooey


This should be the post where I am all ooey and gooey over celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary. And I while I am incredibly blessed to call this man my husband, I am also not going to spill my ooze all over you. I love him deeply. We have been through good times, hell times, and back to good times. I'm sure that cycle will continue, but what I look forward to is those times together. Sticking it through, together. 


Ooze complete.

And then comes the reality of life. He is working on our anniversary this year, which stinks in general, but a hazard to the career he has. It's to be expected and we will be celebrating it by going away for four days in about two weeks, so it's all good. 

The not so awesome part? I get to spend our anniversary going to the hospital to get a sonogram and blood work done. Oh what's that your thinking? Oh wow, maybe she's pregnant! Nope.That ship as sailed long ago. This time, on my anniversary, I get to let some random sonogram technician scan my breasts. Sounds fun, right? Yep. If I wanted to be felt up on this day, surely I could have at least had my husband home! ;)

All this to say, keep me in your prayers, I am having to get lots of test done to determine what is going on with me. This has been a long time coming and glad to finally be able to get some answers. They will be checking for lumps inside my breasts that aren't surfacing on the outside, testing some mumbo jumbo levels, and depending on what those show, we might be doing some biopsies. I have a swollen lymph node that has been there for awhile, so they are checking out that too. I am nervous, but truly trying to think of the best. The doctor seems very determined to find out what is going on and that is an encouragement after the types of doctors we have come across in our past. 

So, not really the way I would like to spend our anniversary, but at the end of the day, I know that I have the most amazing husband to lean on when I need him. Very blessed indeed. 




No comments: